Friday, June 22, 2007

SAVE PEREZ!!!

Before I get to the meat of this email, let me start off by saying: Oh Mer! How I've missed you! It is wonderful to have you back and I am quite relieved that you made it through your health situation. As my dear friend from work, AB, once said: "When it rains, it pours." That is what happened to our lovely Meredith. And I'm happy she's back!

Now to the juicy part. Here on the east coast, I am quite disturbed about the situation re: PerezHilton.com. In fact, I think its a travesty. For those of you who aren't up to speed on this tragic event, Perez was dropped from his web host because he's being sued for using some copyrighted images on his website. I believe he has about 4 suits against him right now. Check out this article my loving boyfriend send me yesterday. It made me sad. So long story short, he can only post a limited number of articles a day, and his archives are gone, not to mention the quality of his site has vastly decreased. Oh Perez. How sad I am for you!

I know, I know. Perez can be nasty. Perez says some mean things about good people (whether they're celebrities or not) that I dont necessarily agree with. But he also calls some people out when they need a reality check. He also sometimes gives celebrities what they deserve by displaying what they really are. He also is one of the most reliable sources for celebrity gossip and definitly the most entertaining.
TMZ.com is ok, but just does not compare to the personal feel you get from Perez's comments. (I find TMZ even meaner than Perez sometimes). And I don't usually agree when he calls celebrities ugly. In fact, one of the biggest reasons they are celebrities is because they're physically beautiful (I don't speak for all of them here, but many). Take Cameron Diaz for example. For some strange reason, perhaps because he is gay, Perez finds Cameron unattractive. I remember the first time I ever saw Cameron in a movie (The Mask) I thought she was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen! And I think she still looks amazing. But I'm getting off track. Despite the fact that I don't always agree with the mean things he says (though I do sometimes), Perez needs to come back! He entertains millions of people everyday! And really, when you get into show business in this day in age, you're kind of asking for the sort of attention he gives. Maybe I just rationalizing my extreme love for the site. But please please please.... SAVE PEREZ!!!!

No comments: